Salsa classes in the Cambridge area
SATURDAY DECEMBER 2nd – STREET RUEDA at the Mill Road Winter Fair!
We will start at 13:30. We usually set the sound system at the crossing of Mill road and Mackenzie road if space permits, but we might have to move depending on space – please find us by hearing the salsa music, or give us a call if you get lost.
CLASSES DURING HOLIDAY PERIOD – We are planning to stay open during the holiday period except on Dec.10th, Dec.24th and Dec.31st.
However the Lab Bar may have last minute bookings for private Christmas parties – if that is the case then those would override the salsa, so please check back the website and our private social network before coming!
- Sun. December 3rd – OPEN
- Sun. December 10th – CLOSED
- Sun. December 17th – OPEN – Christmas special with Secret Santa
- Sun. December 24th – CLOSED
- Sun. December 31st – CLOSED
- Sun. January 7th – OPEN
- Then open weekly as normal.
We are open every week as normal on Sundays from 19:30 at The Lab Bar, 90 Regent Street, CB2 1DP.
Beginners are warmly welcome!
- No previous dance experience needed.
- No special dress code, just wear comfortable shoes and come as you are.
- Each class has a separate teacher for beginners so the level of challenge will be appropriate for you.
Just show up for a class and we will get you started in a friendly, safe and inclusive environment!
Sundays – Evening class and social
- 19:30 – Casino Cuban Salsa partnerwork / Rueda, 2 levels, each with their own teacher.
Beginners: Make your first steps in salsa: basic footwork, bodywork, lead/follow, musicality/catch the beat.
Progressive: start easy then gradually raise the challenge, basic casino moves then more complex combinations, footwork, bodywork, lead/follow, musicality, AfroCuban, Rumba.
It helps if you come with a dance partner, but if you don’t have one no worries, just turn up and we will pair you with other dancers. Feel free to use our private social network to coordinate with a dance partner ahead of time!
- 20:30 – Social Dancing until 22:30 with the famous DJ Sacha from Cambridge!
The best sound system and the best salsa tunes in Cambridge, unarguably.
Please wash your hands, use hand gel provided, masks recommended.
The Lab Bar, 90 Regent St, Cambridge CB2 1DP – google Maps.
- single yellow line along Regent street free from 7pm
- then along Park Terrace
- then Queen Anne Terrace covered pay park (but can be expensive)
- Harvey Road free Sunday whole day, 4min walk to The Lab
- Gresham Road free after 5pm
- along Lensfield road.
Book online here
The fee is £8, which includes a 1hr class from 19:30 followed by two hours of social dancing until 22:30.
If you are only interested in the social, the fee is £5.
It is recommended to book online in advance with the PayPal button below.
We are also able to take card payments at the venue.
Cash payments are not accepted. Thank you!
YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT: to pay with a credit card, please select the grey button “Check Out – Pay without a PayPal account” at the bottom right of the PayPal checkout page. Your PayPal receipt email is your booking confirmation and proof of purchase. Your name will automatically appear on our lists after booking the classes. We do not send an additional booking confirmation message unless you request one from us.
We look forward to meeting you! 😀
Why our salsa classes are the best:
- The classes are about you, not about us: we care about helping you to progress with your dancing in a safe, fun and friendly environment.
- It is not the olympic games: you progress at your own rhythm, no competition, you do it for your own personal growth and enjoyment – it is about discovering your inner dancer while having pleasure in the practice and making new friends in the process!
- Quality everywhere, no compromise on anything. Our teachers are trained with referenced professional masters and have full liability insurance.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any question!
Please join our private social network for real time news.
We also have an active facebook group and facebook page for the latest info.